Our services are structured with one primary goal in mind: To renew HOPE in the lives of our clients and their families by reducing the negative impacts of trauma and increasing their resiliencies.
Our two residential programs, Hunter Cottage (for boys 8-13 years old) and Aspen Cottage (for girls 13-18 years old), are both located on our beautiful 20-acre campus in South Anchorage. Each cottage is designed to create a warm, home-like environment for our clients to feel safe and cared for. BBH does not practice seclusion or restraint with clients for any reason. Instead, we implement individualized, pro-active, strengths-based interventions to promote insight, accountability and achievement in the lives of our clients. Average program length ranges between 6-9 months.
We have an incredible team of qualified mental health professionals who, along with our trained treatment counselors, provide a variety of services tailored to meet the individual needs of each child and their family. Some of those services include:
- 24-hour support and supervision by our trained Treatment Counselors
- Individual, Family & Group Psychotherapy with our Master’s level Clinicians
- Medication Management & basic Primary Healthcare with our PhD Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Case Management & Resource Connection
- Daily Psycho-Educational groups to enhance life skills and build resiliency
- Educational support services
- Exposure to a wide variety of recreational, cultural and spiritual activities
- Transition & Aftercare support services